The Mile High City, Denver is famous for its world-class cultural attractions, chef-driven dining options, booming craft breweries, and music. Denver is located in the South Platte River Valley with a spectacular view of the Rocky Mountains to the west.
Over the years this megapolis has become a foodie’s paradise which boasts of some great restaurants and nightlife. The place is known for its thriving beer culture, with more than 100 breweries and taprooms; the variety is endless. The bars in Denver offer a great selection of drinks combined with inviting ambiance. In fact at Denver, bartenders have perfected the art of inspired drinks with house-made bitters and shrubs, unexpected flavor agents, and locally distilled spirits.
With so many options available we have a list of some of the best bars in Denver which are not to be missed this year. So, here are the best hot spots in the city in no order of preference to wet your whistle and have a whale of a time.
- Arvada Tavern – It is the longest standing bar of Arvada which is famous for its inventive cocktails and awesome food. The old world ambiance and the intimate atmosphere make it a perfect place to enjoy the evening.
- School House Kitchen and Libations- It is one of the trendiest bars and has been ranked amongst the top 5 bars in 2018. The bar offers some good food and a variety of whiskeys and beer. The bar is right in the middle of Olde Town Arvada and is a great place to hang out. The rooftop patio adds to the fun.
- Golden Moon Speak- The bar offers a cocktail lounge for Golden Moon Distillery and a speakeasy-style tasting room. A cozy atmosphere, live music, great service and hands-down best old-fashioned cocktails that are available make it a not-to-be-missed bar in Denver.
- Forest Room 5- It is a trendy restaurant and bar that features small plate tapas style with their wine and cocktail menus complimenting the food. The price is also reasonable and the place gives a feel of a tree house. The bar offers killer cocktails and delicious food that makes it an ideal place to party. This was the bar we visited after coming from National Park.
- Green Russell- The bar is located in the historic Larimer Square and is a Bonanno Concepts signature drinking establishment. It is a good old-fashioned cocktail joint with the chef at the helm. There is low-seating, spacious booth, and the food is delivered on pie tins. You just need to tell the bartenders about the type of booze you like and they will do a magic and offer you something unique and amazing. So next time you have family or friends visiting, don’t miss out on Green Russell.
- The 1up- The throwback décor of this place will surely send you back in time. Their selection of old-school games, Skee Ball, pinball or a round of Giant Jenga will keep you entertained as you enjoy your cocktails. All this combined with lip-smacking food makes it definitely a go-to place with your friends.
- Cruise Room Bar- It is a retro-type bar situated in the Oxford hotel which offers some of the best drinks from local breweries and wineries. The swanky atmosphere makes it an ideal place to sip and socialize with your special someone. This one is surely Denver’s timeless classic.
- Call- This European inspired café is an amazing place to be. One can grab a seat on the perch or bleachers by the bar rail and enjoy some finest cocktails throughout the day. If you happen to visit during the day then you must try the Squeeze Play which is a screwdriver with a twist; orgeat, orange flower water, and ginger are added to the vodka. A great place to spend a fun evening with friends.
- The Lobby – This place is located in the Ballpark neighborhood and works on the mantra of “Playful Eats, Serious Drinks”. It is a perfect spot for large groups that offers amazing chef-driven menu. One can enjoy bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Marys in a lively atmosphere.
- Mile High Spirits- It is a tasting and Distillery bar that produces Fireside Bourbon Whiskey, Elevate Vodka, Denver Dry Gin, Cuidado Tequila, Punching Mule and many more with finest ingredients possible. The fun lounge offers live music and the tasting bar is comfortable and one can also enjoy Gourmet Food Trucks.
These bars are just a small sample of what the Mile High City has to offer. So, go ahead and have an amazing time.